What’s New in the Tokyo Release
1) ServiceNow Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)
2) ServiceNow Vault
- Platform Encryption: Protects sensitive data–Medical records, Personal Identifiable Information (PII), and more; and enables organizations to comply with laws such as HIPAA, GDPR, and so on. These encryption capabilities are developed in line with the NIST policies and guidelines.
- Data Anonymization: Classifies sensitive data and anonymizes it as per the relevant regulations.
- Code Signing: Validates and secures code/scripts of software/applications.
- Secret Management: Protects digital credentials such as passwords, keys, tokens, and so on, across the applications used in the organization.
- Log Export Service: Exports system logs/records seamlessly to analytical tools for security monitoring.
3) ServiceNow Supplier Lifecycle Management (SLM)
4) Admin Center
What got Upgraded in the Tokyo Release
1) Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG)
2) HR Service Delivery (HRSD)
- Manager Hub: This new addition is primarily to help Managers collaborate and interact with their team members and meet their requirements while achieving organizational objectives. Managers can access employee information and manage their lifecycle on their instance/dashboard and increase overall productivity.
- Issue Auto Resolution: Employees can now solve their common workplace queries themselves in real time through issue auto resolution. It also redirects complicated employee queries to agents and helps companies reduce costs with the AI-powered feature.
3) IT Operations Management (ITOM)
4) Customer Service Management (CSM)
What got Decommissioned in the Tokyo Release
- Platform Analytics Workspace: Users no longer have access to dashboard builder, which previously helped them create workspace dashboards. They can create or edit dashboards with the new editor feature. That said, dashboards that were previously created with the builder will be moved to a new page.
- Knowledge Management: The Knowledge Management application, which helps users with informative articles on troubleshooting and so on, no longer supports My Knowledge and Knowledge Management Overview. Instead, users now have access to the Knowledge Manager Overview Dashboard.
Manpreet Chadha is a ServiceNow Chief Solutions Architect at KANINI. She is passionate about aligning ITIL process efforts from design to implementation, operations, and service improvement. As a tech enthusiast, Manpreet utilizes IT Service Management best practices, tools, and methodologies to develop cost-effective solutions that satisfy business requirements.