How to Enter CI Data Accurately into CMDB?
- 1) Manually entering CI data
- 2) Importing data from CSV files or spreadsheets
- 3) Importing data using ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping
- ServiceNow Discovery leverages its automation capabilities to discover and populate infrastructure-related or CI data into the CMDB.
- Subsequently, ServiceNow Service Mapping utilizes the data discovered by ServiceNow Discovery to map the relationship between the CIs and the organization’s services and populates that data in the CMDB.
- ServiceNow Discovery and ServiceNow Service Mapping work together to provide organizations with the required visibility into their IT infrastructure and services in the CMDB.
Want to learn how to map your business services with the relevant IT components faster? Read Our whitepaper “Service Mapping with ServiceNow”.
The 3 Stages of CMDB Maturity –The Role of ServiceNow in Progressing to the Next Level
- Follows manual data populating methods
- Lack of knowledge of IT operations
- No proper CMDB setup
- Lack of automation capabilities for populating data
- A fair understanding of IT Operations
- Equipped with a proper CMDB
- Implements automated data populating & mapping tools – ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping
- Streamlined and efficient IT operations in place
- Has a mature CMDB built
Discover Your CMDB Maturity Level with Our Free Assessment! Talk to us today!
The Road Ahead
Joshua is the ServiceNow Practice Director at KANINI. He is a process improvement thought leader and digital transformation expert. Over the past 15 years, Josh’s focus has always been on achieving organizational maturity and enhancing business processes through implementing tools and workflows to drive transformation initiatives. With experience in multiple verticals from – manufacturing to healthcare, Joshua brings a practitioner’s perspective when working on business solutions and goals to allow him to advise and guide on industry and process best practices.