Highlights of the ServiceNow Vancouver Release – Empowering Developers to Deliver More Value
- Spoke Generator, a feature that uses OpenAPI specifications to automatically create actions for the integrations. It also eliminates the need for advanced coding knowledge to develop integrations.
- Drop-down Menu with a list of Excel sheets for easy import of data.
- Generative AI Controller to enable easy integration between the NOW platform and OpenAI or Azure OpenAI Large Language Models (LLM). It also enables easy content summarization, content generation, and others.
- Code Quality Check feature to enable developers or administrators to check the quality of their RPA automation in RPA Desktop Design Studio.
- Robot Pool feature to automatically assign work to RPA bots by grouping tasks into categories.
- Robot Calendar to enable developers to create and modify bot schedules.
- AI-powered recommendations to make workflow creation easy.
- A new feature for setting up subflows and configuring the “Do the Following Until” condition from the diagramming view.
- Enhancement of the main page for easier workflow management.
- Diagram View, which offers the same configuration options as the traditional Board View, allows users to build workflows more efficiently and gain a clear understanding of the process flow.
- Start Rule feature to enable users to determine when an activity begins within a stage, whether it is as soon as the stage begins or after specific activities in the stage are completed. This provides users with better control over the order of tasks within the workflow.
- Users can now test if their decision tables work as expected in the Decision Builder before using them.
- Users can edit the published decision tables using draft authoring, eliminating the need to create new decision tables.
- It’s now easy to find the right information on the decision tables by applying filters.
- Users can manage and modify complex decision tables easily by importing them into Excel.
Click here to learn about the new features added to some of the business-focused applications of ServiceNow in the Vancouver Release.
Joshua is the ServiceNow Practice Director at KANINI. He is a process improvement thought leader and digital transformation expert. Over the past 15 years, Josh’s focus has always been on achieving organizational maturity and enhancing business processes through implementing tools and workflows to drive transformation initiatives. With experience in multiple verticals from – manufacturing to healthcare, Joshua brings a practitioner’s perspective when working on business solutions and goals to allow him to advise and guide on industry and process best practices.